To create a network of community gardens throughout the city of Carlsbad.
To advocate for community gardens of all kinds, connect partners, provide education, and share resources in order to:
- Sustain existing and help develop new community gardens;
- Increase community food security and improve access to healthy food;
- Protect and improve the quality of our open space resources;
- Beautify the city with environmentally-appropriate plantings; and,
- Strengthen community involvement and “build community”.
“Grow” More Gardens
- Public community gardens in every quadrant of the city
- Establish policy which is supportive of the community gardens (i.e., general plan, park policies, zoning code)
Share Resources, Information & Efforts
- Make garden resources available to all residents and gardening groups
- Collaborate with groups and individuals on the development of new community gardens
- Facilitate “best practices” in gardening and community garden development